Sigiriya, Dambulla & Polonnaruwa Day Tour from Kandy
Sigiriya, an ancient palace, was once nominated as the 8th wonder of the world. Today, Sigiriya and Dambulla are a UNESCO recognized heritage site and a major tourist attraction. The city of Dambulla is 75 km north-east of Kandy, in the Central Province of Sri Lanka. It is home to an ancient cave Temple also known as the Golden Rock Temple, which is a popular tourist attraction. Approximately 25kms from Dambulla is Sigiriya, which is where you will find the “Lion’s Rock”. This is a 220 metre high rock, at the top of which an ancient King built his Palace. In addition to being a well maintained model of ancient urban life, Sigiriya is also an adventure of rock climbing for many. A day tour of Sigiriya and Dambulla will suffice for you to explore Sri Lanka’s Majestic past. Leave from Kandy at about 6.00 a.m., enjoy the scenic four hour drive to your destination, explore the two cities, and be back to Colombo by midnight.
- Pick up from Kandy hotel and transfer to Dambulla (Approximately 2 hours drive)
- Visit Dambulla cave Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Visit Sigiriya Rock Fortress, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Lunch at a recommended restaurant
- Transfer to Polonnaruwa - Approximately 1 1/2 hours drive
- Visit Polonnaruwa, a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Transfer to Kandy - Approximately 3 1/2 hours drive
What's not included
Other Day Trips from Kandy
Minneriya Safari Day Tour
Minneriya National Park
Riverston - Pitawala Patana Day Trip
Riverston - Pitawala Patana
Hiking & trekking in Knuckles Mountain Range
Knuckles Mountain Range
Dambulla - Sigiriya Day Tour
Dambulla Cave Temple - Sigiriya Rock Fortress