Horton Plains National Park in Pattipola is a protected area in the central highlands of Sri Lanka and is covered by montane grassland and cloud forest. This plateau at an altitude of 2,100â€“ 2,300 meters (6,900â€“7,500 ft.) is rich in biodiversity and many species found here are endemic to the region. This region was designated a national park in 1988. It is also a popular tourist destination and is situated 8 kilometers (5.0 mi) from Ohiya, 6 kilometers (3.7 mi) from the world famous Ohiya Gap/Dondra Watch and 32 kilometers (20 mi) from Nuwara Eliya.
- Arrival time will be 6.30 A.M at the Horton Plains National Park.
- Brief description of the route and the hike.
- Starting the hike at 6.45 A.M.
- Rest stops within every 1.5 K.M.
- Estimated time to reach the top by 12.15 P.M.
- Photography session
- Climbing down by 1.15 P.M
- Reaching the trail head by 5.30 P.M
Our rate includes
- Refreshments with energy slabs.
- First aid
- Park entrance tickets.
- Back up vehicle for emergency transport.
- Support staff fee for guide, helper(s), driver and qualified first aid officer.
Duration: 12 Hours
Season: All year