- Over 300 species, 19 of which are endemic, have been discovered so far.
- The region continues to be a treasure trove to biologists and ecologists with many undiscovered species in the unreachable depths of the mangrove forests.
- The plantlife in turn have supported a large number of wildlife that depends on them.
- The largest animal in the region is the wild boar. There are other smaller animals such as monkeys, a variety of squirrels, etc.
- When it comes to birds, cormorants and kingfishers are a common sight. For avid bird watchers, the mangrove forests are a dream coming true. There are over 111 bird species identified to inhabit the region.
- There are 31 types of reptiles, namely snakes, lizards and crocodiles.
Boat ride takes around one and half hours to complete and it takes you through the mangroves to show different islands in the surrounding area. One of it, is the cinnamon island where you find a small family living there producing cinnamon in traditional way. Fish therapy at Madu river is very famous where fish cleanser your feet for free and you don't have to spend time in expensive saloons.
Season: All year